Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

The Time Has Come

Unfortunately, my holiday "binge" caught up to me. As expected, I gained weight this week.


(Of course: as soon as I make the blog "public," I gain weight for the first time throughout this whole thing. Awesome.)

Truthfully, though, I'm not too worried about it.

First, I felt super bloated this morning when I woke up, but that quickly changed after two cups of coffee and breakfast: without going into the realm of TMI, the bloat quickly disappeared.

Second, I know that I did not do an amazing job tracking during the latter half of the week. My soon-to-be step-daughter was in town, and we took her to United Noodles, an amazing Asian market, for ramen and to explore (she is a "Koreaboo" and thought it was the coolest thing ever). Then, we went out for a second night in a row -- to a Chinese buffet, of all places. (I abhor buffets, but it was Xio's choice, and since it was her last night in town, we obliged.) On Saturday, I indulged at Laurie's birthday gathering, and on Sunday, I had a couple glasses of wine while watching the Golden Globes.

Side note: I love watching awards shows "with" my mama. Even though we're in different states, we text throughout the entire thing, and it makes me so happy.

I really wanted them to win all the awards.
Third, I know that I have been slacking in the water-consumption department lately. I'm not sure I drank any water on Saturday, and I did not have much yesterday either. This is absolutely unlike me; I typically guzzle it all day long. Staying super hydrated really does a number on how I feel and, I think, how much I weigh.

So anyway, I gained weight this week. I'm still down more than seven pounds overall, and I know that I will lose again next week. (Heck, I may even be down a few pounds by tomorrow; scale fluctuation is real.) I'm back to tracking absolutely everything, maintaining more control over what I put into my body (i.e. cooking rather than eating out), etc. Healthy choices will be happening this week.

All in all, though, I'm not stressing about this week's weight gain, and I think that shows a lot of growth.



Also, it turns out that blogging is wayyyyyyy easier during winter break. I'm exhausted, y'all!

School started back last Wednesday, and Xio left on Saturday. I feel like I have been go-go-go since before winter break, and I am absolutely wiped. So with that, I'm going to go chow down on some zero-point chili, drink a glass of water, and likely knock out fairly early.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment