Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

That's What I Like to See

Well, friends, I'm back on track, and the scale is moving in the right direction yet again:


Unfortunately, this still means that I'm two pounds over where I was two weeks ago, but I am confident that it'll keep creeping down as I continue.

I have, however, been a little hungry lately, and I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough food. Also, as I've mentioned before, Weight Watchers seems to limit fat, so I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough fat in particular. I also know that I'm working out pretty intensely (like, really intensely), and I'm wondering if I should be factoring that into my daily points.

(I do get "activity points" for Weight Watchers, but I tend to just use those "as needed" rather than factor them into my daily points. Maybe I should average those out over the course of seven days and up my daily points accordingly? I don't know.)

What I should really do is have a stash of hard-boiled eggs and other zero-point options at hand all the time.

Also, on a completely random side note, I have realized that I should not have tortilla chips in the house: they are a major weakness of mine. I'm fairly confident that the additional two pounds is comprised entirely of tortilla chips.

Two things to note:

1. I went to the doctor on Friday, and I was honestly dreading the scale a little bit. For some reason, I feel like the scale there is totally different from the scale I have at home, and I was worried that it wouldn't show weight loss. But, it did! It showed that I have lost seven pounds since the last time I was there (in October, I think). Considering my app is showing that I have lost 9.2 pounds since I started tracking (and I went to the doctor after school and had all of my clothes and shoes on), I was pretty pleased!

2. I did something I was sure I would never do: I signed up for a Diet Bet. A few bloggers that I follow regularly host these challenges every so often, and I've always frowned on them (Diet Bets, not the bloggers); and honestly, I'm still frowning on the idea of these challenges. But, I decided that since I'm actively trying to lose weight and have had success thus far, it might be beneficial to add another layer of motivation.

Essentially, if I lose 4% of my body weight in four weeks, I get back my entrance fee ($35) and split the pot (that is currently up to almost $36,000). Truthfully, that seemed totally manageable -- until after I paid (kind of by accident via PayPal) and actually calculated the pounds I would have to lose.

It's going to be rough, y'all. So, bye-bye tortilla chips.

Before I wrap up for the night, I'm going to leave you with this:

I saw it on Instagram and immediately took a screenshot as writing inspiration. I can't promise that I'll write every day for the next seven days, but I am going to write about each of these at some point.

I certainly don't want to just write about my health journey via this blog, as I am so much more than just a number on a scale. But, I have so many other things going on that make writing regularly relatively challenging. Since I want to be sure to track my progress, though, I feel like talking about weight and Weight Watchers is all I'm doing.

Here's my schedule: I wake up at 5:15 every day, workout, teach, get home around 4:45, clean up, cook dinner, veg out for a hot minute, take a shower, and go to bed (hopefully before 10:30 p.m.). Sprinkle in some reading, some wedding planning, some hanging out with my boo, and some TV watching, and I have very little time left over.

But, writing is one of my "habits" that I'm tracking, so I would like to get into more of a routine.

So, that being said, other than the above ideas from WW's IG, what are some topics you would like me to cover?

Peace out for now, friends. "See" you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment