Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Timing & Habits

I'm not going to write much regarding Weight Watchers tonight, as Monday is my weigh-in day, and because it's currently Sunday, I don't really have much to report right now.

But, similarly to last week, I'm a little nervous as to what the scale is going to report.

(Caveat: I know I should not solely be focused on the scale, and I know I have plenty of non-scale victories to report. Namely, I am just feeling better. I feel a bit trimmer and that my clothes are fitting just a smidge more. And, perhaps the biggest benefit thus far is that I'm simply being more mindful of what I'm putting in my body. That being said, though, I want the number on the scale to go down, too.)

So anyway, I'm not confident that I lost much weight -- if any -- this week, and at the risk of sounding like I'm making excuses, I feel like the majority of that has to do with the timing of this nutritional switch-up not being super ideal. After all, holiday season is no joke with temptation.


We have had treats in the staff room nearly every day this week. I did a pretty good job of sticking to plan, but I had to try a new-to-me treat: sea foam candy. And because it was so ridiculously tasty, I had to try it twice. 

We also had our holiday party for book club this week, and I had a hard time saying no to everything that was prepared; but, I have to say that I limited myself more than I would have at this time last year (or even last month). One of the gifts I received from my Secret Santa was homemade Irish Cream; naturally, I "had" to have some of that this weekend.

There were a couple of other times I felt a bit derailed this week. We had conferences on Tuesday night, which means I was gone from home for 14+ hours. While I brought food with me, we also had delicious dinner catered in, and I opted for chicken and wild rice soup and a pretzel bun. Again, I did a better job than I did at fall conferences (in that I had one serving-size helping, no chips, etc.), but I could have just eaten what was in my lunch box. 

Then tonight, Jesus said he was taking care of dinner; I am typically the chef of the house, so I jumped at the opportunity to not cook. While it was absolutely delicious, it was also approximately 1,000,000 points: cheese ravioli with pesto sauce and chicken, ciabatta roll, and a salad mix (maple-bacon-bourbon).

So, tomorrow morning will be interesting.


On a totally different note, I'm trying something different regarding my goals. No, my goals haven't changed (after all, it's only been a couple of weeks). But, the way I'm tracking my goals is changing.

I got this idea on a coffee date with my MN BFF, Laurie. She showed me her goals and how she's tracking them -- in hopes of hitting a certain number each week. I loved the idea so adapted it to fit my life and my goals.


I am loving this thus far. Again, it's simply helping me be more mindful. I have found that while I have more energy than I did pre-thyroid meds, I am still dragging a bit when I get home from work. (After all, I leave the house at 5:30 in the morning and don't return until 5 p.m. at the earliest, and by the time I make dinner, eat, and clean up, I'm exhausted.) But, I have also used that as kind of a crutch and have spent way too much time vegged out on the couch, watching TV and playing mindless games on my phone.

Writing down different options as to what I could be doing has helped a lot. A few nights this week, I still vegged out for quite a bit in front of the TV, but I a.) limited phone time and/or b.) turned it off early to go upstairs and read. And, as a result, I finished Children of Blood and Bone, a hefty young-adult book (and started I'll Be Gone in the Dark).

I am currently wrapping up Day 7, and I'll be able to cross off a few more boxes in that column by the time the night's over: supplements, water, and be creative. :)

While Laurie has a goal of hitting a certain number of habits each week, simply tracking has been beneficial for me thus far. Stay tuned!

"See" you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment