Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Living

A few days ago, I was reading something -- likely via Instagram, Facebook, or a blog -- and it really stuck with me. Essentially, the author was talking about the tremendous success she had had over the past year regarding healthy eating and that she wasn't going to let the three pounds that she'd gained over the holidays negatively affect her; after all, she wasn't dieting, she was living

This is so, so true and, as I mentioned, has really stuck with me over the past few days.

As I wrote in my previous post, I was unsure how the past week would go regarding Weight Watchers, as I had an eventful day full of festive food on Wednesday, December 19th, and then Jesus and I headed out of town for the weekend. 

When we got back to town, I weighed myself, and lo and behold, I was pleasantly surprised:


If you're following along, this makes for a total of 10.2 pounds in four weeks (and one day).

Now, I have to say that I am confident that Monday's weigh-in is not going to show a decrease. After all, I have been living.

When we got back to Minnesota, we celebrated Christmas with Jesus's family on Tuesday, and then on Friday we had brunch at a friend's house as well as drinks with friends (at a brewery -- so no low-calorie options) in the evening. And, I will say that I also ate my weight in gingerbread cookies, way too much macaroni and cheese, and likely several other things that I have since forgotten -- and I didn't track any of it.

I took a break from Weight Watchers for about a week.

Honestly, though, I think that's a good thing for me. When I have focused so heavily on nutrition in the past, I have become really, really obsessed with it, and truthfully, it has been quite disordered. So for me, taking a brief respite from Weight Watchers and not feeling guilty about it is such a huge step in the right direction.

(I will not, however, be taking frequent breaks; after all, I have goals to reach. But, I think it's super important to remember that living -- and enjoying all of the good food and festive celebrations that come with it -- is a necessity, too.)

I mean, just look at these faces:

With my love -- at our tasting event.

My newest nephew, Andrew Benjamin.

My first nephew, Brody James. 
My middle nephew, Sawyer Drake.

This is why living is important.

Merry everything, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment