Pages

Monday, December 10, 2018

Week Two

I was not feeling as successful this past week, and honestly, I was nervous for weigh-in day (stay tuned for reasons why).

But, here we are:


This makes a grand total of 8.2 pounds in two weeks, which is a-okay, if I do say so myself.

I do, however, have a caveat with this morning's weigh-in: I typically try to weigh myself a few times, just to be certain the scale is as accurate as possible, isn't fluctuating, etc. I did the same this morning, and I kid you not, the scale was drastically different each time I stepped on it -- like, up to a six-pound difference, despite it being minutes (and no added clothing, no food/drink intake or the opposite, etc.) between weigh-ins. But, considering last Thursday I was 0.2 pounds lighter than what I originally weighed stepping on this morning, I went with that.

As I mentioned, though, I was quite nervous stepping on the scale today. Last week had a lot of meals that were difficult to plan. For instance, as I was driving home from work on Tuesday, Jesus asked if he could take me out to dinner. We rarely go out to dinner, so I jumped at that offer -- and panic-ordered a cheese burger, French fries, and a glass of wine. I pretty much spent my weekly points in one night.

On Thursday, I met Laurie for coffee. As we were leaving, she grabbed Thai food for takeout at the restaurant next door, and I opted to do the same; after the day I had, I just didn't want to cook. I opted for a chicken and vegetable option and only ate half the rice; I entered it as best as I could into my Weight Watchers app, but who knows how accurate I really was. Also, I feel like it was loaded with sodium, and even though I'm drinking water like a fish, it was just too much.

And then this weekend, Katie came to town. On Friday, we went to a burrito joint for dinner, and I had a bowl as well as a small chips and salsa. At the concert, I had two vodka-sodas. Again, I entered as best as I could, but who knows.

On Saturday, we went out for breakfast, had two beers at local breweries, and then ate tacos and chips and guac for dinner. Because none of that was cooked by me, it was tough to track. I did it, but I doubt it's accurate.

But, I am proud of myself for two reasons: first, I did not say screw it and go haywire with food or drinks this weekend. Rather, I imbibed in a reasonable amount of fun things and attempted to track everything, too. Second, I did not feel too guilty and kick myself about a "bad" week. When I have followed specific nutritional plans in the past (Whole30, I'm looking at you), I almost developed a sort of disordered perspective on the whole thing: in fact, I often found myself apologizing for food I was eating. "Yeah, I had oatmeal this morning. I know it's bad, but..." This time around, though, I'm really trying to change not only my habits but also my mindset.

And I think it's going fairly well so far.


Now, though, I need to go chug some more water. I have been guzzling (and peeing) all day, and I am still super thirsty. That's what eating out so much will do to me, I suppose!

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends once told me to “do the best where you are with what you have.”

    ReplyDelete